Seek help

The Commission receives written petitions by post, e-mail or in person, and same will be registered and file to process the case. The Commission initiates the following actions:

  • Call for counseling
  • Advice to approach the concerned authorities
  • Refer to Police for quick relief to the victim
  • Refer to concerned authorities to conduct an enquiry and to take appropriate action.
  • Refer to protection officers to file the case under Domestic Violence Act.

The Online Petition Management System is in the process of being developed. Please get in touch with us by post, in-person, over the phone or via email. View contact details

What is the nature of the cases that are reported to us?

  • Domestic Violence / Dowry Harassment / Dowry Death / Family disputes
  • Sexual Harassment at Workplace / Work Place Harassment
  • Women Harassment / Eve-teasing
  • Service matters
  • Missing / Rape / Kidnap
  • Cyber Crime Against Women
  • Police apathy against Women
  • Trafficking / Prostitution of Women
  • Gender Discrimination including equal right to education & work
  • Outraging modesty of Women
  • Indecent Representation of Women
  • Bigamy / Polygamy

What complaints are not entertained by the State Commission for Women?

The following categories of complaints are liable to be summarily dismissed by the State Commission for Women:

  • Complaints illegible or vague, anonymous or pseudonymous
  • If the matter relates to a civil dispute between the parties such as contractual rights or obligations
  • The issue raised relates to service matters not involving any deprivation of women’s rights
  • The issue raised relates to labour/ industrial disputes not involving any deprivation of women’s rights
  • Matter is sub judice in a Court/ Tribunal
  • Complaints which are pending before NCW or any other commission duly constituted under any law for the time being inforce
  • Matter has already been decided by the Commission Matter is outside the purview of the National Commission for Women on any other ground
  • This Act shall not apply to,- (i) the Central Government; or (ii) any public sector undertaking of the Central Government, or any other institution owned, or controlled or financed directly by the Central Government.

Helpline Numbers

Emergency Service108
Emergency Medical Care104
Women’s Helpline181
Children’s Helpline1098
Andganwadi Helpline155209
Women’s Protection Cell9059693448
Bharosa, Hyderabad040-27852355
Elderly Helpline14567 / 1800-572-8980
Pregnant Women Helpline1800-599-12345

Get in touch

Telangana State Commission for Women
2nd Floor, Budha Bhavan
Ranigunj, Secunderabad – 500003